You should receive new patient paperwork in the mail. If you do not receive this paperwork before your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early, or your appointment will be canceled. You may also download these forms by visiting the FORMS section on our website.
Bring these for your first visit:
- Insurance card
- New patient paperwork (Pain Evaluation, Registration, Acknowledgment of Patient Rights and Arbitration Form)
- Photo ID (such as a driver’s license)
- Reports from any diagnostic studies (CT, MRI, X-ray)
- Medication List
- Names, addresses, telephone, and fax numbers of your referring and primary doctors.
For Injection Procedures:
- Stop all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and/or aspirin three days before your appointment.
- If you are taking Plavix, Coumadin or another type of anticoagulant medication, we will need written clearance from your prescribing physician stating that it is acceptable for you to stop the medication. We require this clearance before a procedure can be scheduled. Once clearance is obtained, we will instruct you on when to stop and when to restart the medication. We will also notify you if a prior blood test is required.
- If IV/or oral sedation is utilized or requested, you must have an adult present to drive you home. You cannot drive yourself home if you have been given sedation.
- Patients receiving local anesthetic only can drive themselves home.
- If you have an active infection, your procedure will be canceled. You must complete your course of antibiotics and be clear of any infection before a procedure is scheduled.
- You may eat lightly before your procedure. However, please do not come in with a full stomach.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
For Surgical Procedures:
(Vertebroplasty, Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial, Discogram and Percutaneous Diskectomy)
- You MUST have an adult present for discharge and to drive you home.
- Do not eat or drink six hours before the procedure.
- If your appointment is in the afternoon, take your morning diabetic medications with food.
- Please wear loose clothing, complete your required blood tests, shower and clean the surgical site thoroughly the day of the procedure.
- Verbally confirm your appointment with a staff member the day before your procedure.