You should receive new patient paperwork in the mail. If you do not receive this paperwork prior to your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early or your appointment will be canceled. You may also download these forms by visiting the FORMS section located on our web-site.
Bring the following items with you for your first visit:
- Your insurance card
- New patient paperwork (Pain Evaluation, Registration, Acknowledgment of Patient Rights and Arbitration Form)
- A photo ID (such as a driver’s license)
- Your co-pay - if this applies.
- Reports from any diagnostic studies; i.e., CT, MRI, X-ray – unless your physician has already sent them to us.
- A list of your current medications.
- The last six months of pharmacy records if you will be receiving medication management.
- Names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers (if possible) of your referring and primary doctors.
For Injection Procedures:
- Stop all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and/or aspirin three days prior to your appointment.
- If you are taking Plavix, Coumadin or another type of anti-coagulant medication, we will need written clearance from your prescribing physician stating that it is acceptable for you to stop the medication. We require this clearance before a procedure can be scheduled. Once clearance is obtained, we will instruct you as to when to stop and when to restart the medication. We will also notify you if a prior blood test is required.
- If IV/or oral sedation is utilized or requested, you must have an adult present to assist you home safely. You cannot drive yourself home if you have been given sedation. Patients receiving local anesthetic only can drive themselves home.
- If you have an active infection, your procedure will be cancelled. You must complete your course of antibiotics and be clear of any infection prior to a procedure being scheduled.
- You may eat lightly prior to your procedure. However, please do not come in with a full stomach.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing.
For Surgical Procedures:
(Vertebroplasty, Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial, Discogram and Percutaneous Diskectomy)
- You MUST have an adult present for discharge and to drive you home.
- No eating or drinking six hours prior to the procedure.
- Please wear loose clothing, complete your required blood tests, shower and clean the surgical site thoroughly the day of the procedure.
Verbally confirm your appointment with a staff member the day before your procedure.